Monday, August 31, 2009

This past summer Luke had the opportunity to participate in a medical study for Therapeutic Horseback riding. All of the participates are on the autism spectrum. It was a lot of fun to be a part of, Luke was able to go horseback riding for an hour every week. He had a lot of fun and it really did seem to help him not be so wound up. His horses name was Corky and he is a beautiful horse and one of the taller ones at the riding center.

The boys also took swim lessons and they made lots of progress in their swimming. They both jump off the diving board now and had a lot of fun swimming all summer long.

Dylan has shown us this summer that he is a problem solver. One day he was trying to tell Rob that he didn't like the tag in his shirt and Rob did not understand so Dylan went and got a knife took it to Rob and pointed at the tag. After the tag was cut out he was happy. Another day after taking the boys to school he picked up a magazine found the picture of a Wii game and pointed at the TV and said, "Baa" he wanted to play Raymon Raving Rabbids. I don't know if I should be proud of him for the way he has learned to communicate with us or scared. I don't actually think that there is anything wrong with him or his speech he just doesn't chose to speak. The best thing that he did was when he was eating chocolate covered almonds and decided he didn't actually want to eat the almond. He acted like he wanted to give me a kiss and started trying to shove the almond in my mouth. It kind of reminded my of Ashley. Here is a video of him playing with the hula hoop it also shows how every time he says "yeah" it is followed by a "wahoo" I love how cute this kid is and yes he does go around in a diaper lots. I figure why should I change this just because I moved back to the states it doesn't mean that I have to dress my kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment